Thanks to my parents Allan and I were able to get an early start on our Christmas shopping on Friday night. They took all three of the kids and allowed us to have a delicious dinner at The Keg as well. Generally I would wait until November 15th to break out the Christmas music, books and movies but the new fallen snow made me giddy at the thought of pulling out all of our Christmas treasures from the basement. Because of my love of children's books Allan and I began a tradition our first Christmas together. Every year I get to pick a new children's Christmas book and with those and the ones I've received as gifts I've acquired quite the collection. Maybe it's silly, but it brings me so much joy to pull out those stories with their beautiful illustrations and stories and read them to the kids. It makes me so excited to think that one day I will have dozens and dozens of Christmas books to pass down to my children that have been read to them from the time that they were little.
Sunday, 13 November 2011
First Snow and Christmas Books
We had our first snow fall! It wasn't much but it was enough to have the kids excited. Walker wants to be outside every second and then back inside every other second. Every year I forget how much work it is to get snow gear on and off of the kids but I love to see them bundled up in their eskimo coats and mittens.
Thanks to my parents Allan and I were able to get an early start on our Christmas shopping on Friday night. They took all three of the kids and allowed us to have a delicious dinner at The Keg as well. Generally I would wait until November 15th to break out the Christmas music, books and movies but the new fallen snow made me giddy at the thought of pulling out all of our Christmas treasures from the basement. Because of my love of children's books Allan and I began a tradition our first Christmas together. Every year I get to pick a new children's Christmas book and with those and the ones I've received as gifts I've acquired quite the collection. Maybe it's silly, but it brings me so much joy to pull out those stories with their beautiful illustrations and stories and read them to the kids. It makes me so excited to think that one day I will have dozens and dozens of Christmas books to pass down to my children that have been read to them from the time that they were little.
Thanks to my parents Allan and I were able to get an early start on our Christmas shopping on Friday night. They took all three of the kids and allowed us to have a delicious dinner at The Keg as well. Generally I would wait until November 15th to break out the Christmas music, books and movies but the new fallen snow made me giddy at the thought of pulling out all of our Christmas treasures from the basement. Because of my love of children's books Allan and I began a tradition our first Christmas together. Every year I get to pick a new children's Christmas book and with those and the ones I've received as gifts I've acquired quite the collection. Maybe it's silly, but it brings me so much joy to pull out those stories with their beautiful illustrations and stories and read them to the kids. It makes me so excited to think that one day I will have dozens and dozens of Christmas books to pass down to my children that have been read to them from the time that they were little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Could there ever be a cuter Eskimo baby than Lillian?
ReplyDelete