Monday, 20 August 2012

Hide and Seek

The other day while I was preparing dinner in the kitchen, with Lillian underfoot, I heard the usual squabble from the playroom that usually results in a full blown fist fight if I don't intervene in time.  I quickly ran downstairs to play referee and returned a couple of moments later to find Lillian missing.  I checked the usual spots, halfway up the stairs, under the computer desk, in the pantry on top of Bridgett's dog food bucket...no Lillian.  I little bit more frantically now I searched the unsual spots, under the kid's bunk bed, in our bedroom closet, under the bathroom sink...nope.  At this point I'm desperately trying to think of  where she could have escaped to in such a short time and returned to the kitchen only to hear her sweet little voice chanting her usual "na, na, na" and followed that sweet little voice here...

The little stinker couldn't have been more pleased with her hiding spot.


After I got over my initial panic I was perfectly happy to let her stay under there until I was done getting dinner ready.

1 comment: