Our beautiful Emma turned 6 years old today. She has been counting down for months for today to arrive and I think we were able to meet her expectations. She woke up to a "heart attack" on her door this morning and Allan and I chuckled as we listened to she and Walker discover the hearts and Walker excitedly point out which ones were from him.
We had the usual suspects for her birthday celebration and two unusual ones, Auntie Kelsey and little Eli. We are so grateful to have family and friends close by to celebrate with.
This mysterious stranger made an appearance as well.
Always the original, Emma wanted purple waffles for dinner and strawberry cake with chocolate frosting. I was a little sceptical about the two flavors together but it turned out to be pretty good.
Clearly Lillian hated it!!
Emma using her new oil pastels and sketch pads.
It's hard for me to believe that 6 years ago Allan and I were on our own without any busy little babies to occupy our time and energy. With her arrival came more joy and happiness than I could have ever imagined and it has only been added upon as each child has entered our home. Here are 6 of the reasons that I love her so much.
1) She is the best big sister. I am so grateful to have such a kind and gentle child as our eldest, one who has such a sweet spirit and is so sensitive to the needs and feeling of others. There are so many times that she puts her own wants below those of her little brother and sister.
2) She is our sweet songbird. There is always a tune in her head and I love to hear her pretty little voice singing or humming primary songs throughout the house.
3) Her laugh is contagious. I love it when she finds something really hilarious and laughs so hard she can't stop.
4) She is creative and inventive. I love to watch her draw and color and see the picture and projects that she comes up with after long minutes of intense concentration.
5) She loves to learn, whether it is at school, home or church and I can share my love of literature with her!
6) She always wants to do what's right and is a great example to those around her.
We love you sweet girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment