If I have learned anything from my time as a parent it is that children go through about 1000 different phases a year. Some of them are adorable and hilarious and I dread the day that they will grow out of them. Others are slightly less adorable and I do everything I can to try and help them grow out of them as soon as possible. Right now I am dealing with one of the latter for both Emma and Walker. Emma is going through a little bit of a fibbing phase. Her vivid imagination is leading to some pretty wild stories and last week she went as far as to tell her primary teacher that she has been to the Sacred Grove in Palmyra...she hasn't. It was starting to make me a little crazy until I did some research on it and am feeling like I am a little more equipped for dealing with it. Hopefully, as the research predicts, she will grow out of it sooner rather than later.
Despite her fibbing she is still pretty darn cute. Last week in celebration of their 100th day of school the kids had to dress up like 100 year olds. We raided Grandma Larsen's dress up box and came up with this little get up. And yes Mom that is the dress that you wore in your engagement pictures.
Walker, on the other hand, has developed a bit of a phobia of being alone. Whenever he has to go to the bathroom he insists that we "drop him off". That means walk him to the bathroom and turn on the light. He will rarely play in a room alone unless he is so caught up in his own imagination that he doesn't notice and prefers being two feet from me in the kitchen over watching TV. While I adore my sweet boy the lack of personal space is starting to wear on me. The other morning Walker was playing with Play-doh at the kitchen table when I told him that I had to get in the shower. He begged me to leave Lillian downstairs with him instead of putting her in her crib, which at her age is still a little dangerous, so I told him he would just have to play in the kitchen until I was done. I put Lillian safely in her crib and went to wash my make up off. When I walked into the bathroom to get in the shower a few minutes later I found this little set up.
Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait this phase out and be patient and understanding in the mean time.
These phases certainly keep things interesting and teach me something new every day. Now if they could just start going through the same phases at the same ages I could really figure things out.


No comments:
Post a Comment