We spent the end of July in British Columbia visiting Allan's family in Jaffray and attending my sister's wedding in Kicking Horse, or Golden, I still am a little confused as to whether or not Kicking Horse is in Golden or if Kicking Horse is its own town. Anywho... it was beautiful and we had a wonderful week. Jaffray is easily one of the kids' favorite places in the world and we're so grateful to have a little piece of heaven to visit when we go and see Allan's Grandma Reay and the rest of the Reay bunch on "The Ranch". Emma is certain that she and her cousin Kendall will eventually own a ranch and home there where they can raise horses and ride "Rangers" all day long. And since it is their most favorite place I'm going to let them give a rundown of the week.
Emma: Me and Kendall and Walker loved to feed the horses apples every morning and night. Kendall thought Sage was a girl but after she got in trouble with her big sister Mikaela because he was actually a boy.
*side note* Sage is one of the old ranch dogs
Walker: Kendall and me and Emma love to do what Sage does but he is doing his job and we can't do it with him.
*other side note* Sage thinks he's a herd dog and so is always "herding" the horses even though they don't pay him any attention.
Emma: The cabin was a nice place to sleep. We got to sleep in the top. Do you see those black metal stairs? They are very sharp when you don't have shoes on. That's why I always have to have shoes on when I'm around the cabin. Near the cabin there is a red ride where Kendall holds onto one handle and I hold onto the other on the other side. Then we run in a circle and then we lift our feet off the ground, we hold on tight, and it spins us around. It's fun!
Walker: We have a great time together as a family. Auntie Penny gave us cheerios for lunch. It's fun. We got to go to Mom and Dad's cabin every morning.
*The cabin that he is referring to is Uncle Dewey and Aunt Brenda's home where Allan and I stayed with Lillian right next door to the cabin above. He built it when they were first married. It's beautiful.
Emma: In Kimberley we got to go to a rock water park. Some dogs drank from it.
Emma: We got to play giant chess with Uncle Mike and Kendall. They won. It was so unfair that they won.
Walker: Uncle Mike and Kendall did win. We did lose. I did hate it when they did win. I did want to be on their team next time. It was too late.
*Clearly we need to have a Family Home Evening lesson on being a gracious loser*
Emma: The waterfall was beautiful. I love the color of the creek. I saw guys jumping off a bridge into the creek. When Mommy fell in I was worried and thought I was practically going to lose her.
*To clarify, I was trying to find a place to let Lillian put her feet in the creek and slipped and fell. We were a little close to the waterfall for comfort and it was kind of traumatic for everyone involved.*
*Allan wasn't so traumatized, however, that he didn't manage to snap a couple of pictures immediately following.
*That big gap in the rocks there would be the beginning of this waterfall.
Walker: Waterfalls are beautiful when water rushes down. We love to see the waterfalls rush down.
With 200 pictures from our little B.C. adventure it is going to talk me a couple of posts to squeeze all of the significant events in. More to come later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment