Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Lillian Gets a Haircut

One Sunday afternoon after returning home from church and getting lunch I told the kids I needed to rest for just a couple of minutes.  Violet was only about four weeks old and after at least two middle of the night feedings I knew that all I needed was a 20 minute power nap to help me make it through the rest of the day.  So I asked Emma to keep an eye on things and headed up to lie down with the baby.  I was asleep in an instant and was awakened 15 minutes later by the kids screaming about something Lillian had done to her hair.  More specifically this...



Apparently she felt like her bangs were getting a little of hand so she decided to take care of them herself.  We're lucky she didn't take a chunk out of her scalp because the hair underneath was so short she may as well have used clippers.  Thank goodness the kids found her when they did or she wouldn't have had any hair left!


Just so that you can grasp the gravity of this hack job, here is what her hair looked like just a couple of days prior.

 

Finally on the first day of school, just about two months after her self inflicted haircut, her hair had grown enough that I could take her to have the hairdresser do what she could to fix it.  I think it turned out pretty darn cute and hopefully she won't attempt it again on herself or her sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment