Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Walking with Dinosaurs


We had such a memorable outing with the kids this weekend as we took them to Walking With Dinosaurs, a live show with life size mechanical dinosaurs.   What made it even more fun is that we got to go with the kids' cousins Ava, Kendall, Jimmer and Carter and Uncle Shane and Aunt Susan, of course. I was so impressed with how life-like the dinosaurs were and the kids were completely captivated throughout the whole thing.  All of the kids, that is, except for Lillian who fell asleep within the first 15 minutes.  Allan was pretty certain that it was a fear induced sleep as she was very anxious about the meat eaters and their love of dino babies right out of the egg.  Luckily she woke up for the second half and, safe in Daddy's lap, got to see the T-Rex and her baby.

These pictures (that I didn't take) give you an idea of what the dinosaurs looked like.  It was very neat to have the "archaeologist" wandering on stage with the dinosaurs because it gave you an idea of the size of the dinosaurs in comparison.




As excited as the kids were about the dinosaur show I think that they were equally excited about the way that we got there... by train!!  The LRT (Light Rail Transit) to be exact.  Allan just told me what that stands for.  They could not have been more thrilled!  I was so glad that Allan talked me into taking them on it despite my much protesting about crowds and time and babies and pretty much any other excuse I could think of.

Watching for the train

Waiting for Dads to get the tickets

Here we go!!

I love the way that Walker is holding on for dear life.  He's such a good sport to put up with being the only big boy among this bunch of girls.




There's nothing we love more than outings like this with the kids, especially if cousins come along!

And because Violet was pretty absent from these pictures, here's one of her.


CUTEST THING EVER!!




No comments:

Post a Comment