I sat down to write a new post yesterday but we had such a miserable day I couldn't bring myself to do it. Some days it feels like Emma, Walker and I just can't seem to get on the same page. Yesterday was one of those days. I felt like all they did all day was scream at one another and if they weren't doing that they were screaming at me. At one point Walker screamed at me for a whole 20 minutes while I was nursing Lillian. Because he was screaming "put her to bed" over and over again I decided that maybe my sweet children just needed some undivided mommy attention. So, I made a goal today to drop everything and do whatever the kids wanted whenever they wanted to do it. We read books, and danced and sang and played knights and cars. My change of attitude made a world of difference and I had happy kids all day. The only thing that I insisted get done was bathing Lillian. When Emma was a baby we bathed her religiously every other night. Walker got a bath every third night, if he was lucky. Knowing that I'm sure that you can guess how often our poor sweet baby gets a bath...not nearly often enough.

I love to watch our kids create and they had the perfect opportunity with a take home project Emma had to do for school. She was asked to take two paper plates and make a space ship. She and Walker had a great time painting and decorating their spaceships, complete with lasers on the outside and aliens on the inside. It made a huge mess but sometimes it is more than worth it to watch their little imaginations working.
(in case you've noticed a trend in the pictures I post I will answer your question...No, he does not wear pants. They come off with his shoes at the front door.)
Haha...when I was Walkers age I did the same thing except that I would go to the neighbors house in just my underwear and shirt.
ReplyDelete