Monday, 26 December 2011

A Pinata and a Pancake

This year I promised the kids a Christmas party with their cousins. One of the things that they were most excited for was a pinata.  I gave Emma some suggestions as to the kind of pinata she might want, easy things like a snowman or Santa's head. Naturally she chose the most difficult thing I could think of: Rudolph's head.  My first attempt at a pinata turned out reasonably successful with the help of my good husband and the kids' artistic abilities.


I failed to get a picture of the finished product, mostly because I was running around like a crazy person the day before the party getting things together and organized.

The Christmas party was Christmas Eve but before the festivities began the kids had a Christmas breakfast that will be a standing tradition now.
Rudolph Pancakes!!!

There are few things that I enjoy more than seeing my kids really enjoy food I've lovingly prepared for them.  It's so satisfying to see them gobble up two huge pancakes and ask for more.


It will take me at least 3 or 4 posts document all of our Christmas celebrations, so I will do it a little bit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment