Thirty-one years ago Dennis Larsen and Holly Broby were sealed in the Logan, Utah temple for time and all eternity. Four children and four beautiful grand children later they are still an incredible example of a couple whose love and adoration for one another has increased year after year. As a child living in their home, where peace and respect prevailed, I cannot recall cross words ever being exchanged between my parents. I remember numerous covert missions to the mall where we would pick up my Dad's car from the parking lot, wash it, and leave a plate of goodies that would be waiting for him when he left the office for the day. I have equally fond memories of Christmas mornings as we waited anxiously to see what exciting and elaborate scheme our Dad had come up with to surprise Mom with that morning. I still love to see the delight on his face as she opens each gift from him. Since becoming a wife I have a greater appreciation for those little gestures and for the effort and energy that goes into maintaining a marriage like theirs. From the time that I was a young girl my Mom has set an example of the kind of wife I wanted to be. Equally my Dad has shown me the love and respect with which a husband should treat his wife. I will forever be grateful for their amazing examples and for the loving and peaceful home in which I was raised.
We love you so much Mom and Dad!! Happy 31st Anniversary.

Thank you so much for this lovely tribute.
ReplyDelete