My Christmas posts made it pretty clear that Christmas is my favorite time of year, however, early spring is a close second. I love the way that the season makes a sudden and often unexpected turn from winter to spring, the way the sun suddenly becomes warmer and the wind loses its ability to chill you to your bones. I love opening the curtains and letting the sun shine in and opening the windows and letting the cool spring air breathe new life into our musty, winter ridden home. Today, with the kitchen door and window wide open, I swept and mopped the floor and listened to the kids laugh and squeal in the backyard as they ran from the onslaught of snowballs being thrown by their dad. I did the dishes as the birds chirped and sang in our trees and was grateful for the long, cold, winter months because it helps me appreciate this little hint of spring so much.
The warmer weather also means that we resume our family walks, something that we always miss in the winter time when temperatures are too frigid to drag kiddies out in. We had our first springtime stroll of the season this afternoon. The kids were excited to pull out their sunglasses, hoodies and "puddle boots" and venture out into the sloppy streets.
| Look Grandma and Grandpa, he's wearing his shirt!! He even picked it himself. |
Okay Walker, maybe next time I'll bring you a toy instead but you look great in your Jamaica Me Crazy t-shirt.
ReplyDelete