We are driving home from Kamloops where we spent our Easter weekend. We had so much fun and took tons of pictures that I will post later but for now just this one.
This is moments after getting back on the road after sterilizing the van as best we could following a puking incident. Apparently I have yet to learn to give our children Gravol before our vehicle moves. But between having to use a woven Easter basket as a bucket (you know, the ones with all the tiny holes in it), pleading with Walker to look out the window instead of at his retching sister because I can see him gagging and covering his mouth out of the corner of my eye while I'm holding said basket, and a puke covered Emma's comment once we stopped the car; "I think I need a napkin" it's already an experience that I can look back on and laugh.
Sweet Emma asked if we could say a prayer so that she wouldn't get sick again and after we did I put her in her seat and handed her a bag in case she needed it to which she replied "but we said a prayer". To which I replied by bursting into tears because she is such a faithful little thing. Naturally my tears alarmed her and had her sobbing all over again and it took us another 5 minutes to get her settled down.
Needless to say we've had an eventful road trip thus far. AND I had to stop in the middle of writing this post to help Walker pee in a bottle. He was mortified.

No comments:
Post a Comment