Before I write a post about our exciting weekend in Kamloops I have to add to the last post. Had I known what a nightmare that whole day would have been I would have just waited until the end of the night and documented the whole awful day in one awful post.
Hours after the puking incident we arrived safely at our hotel in Hinton and took our children to the much anticipated swimming pool with a waterslide. A treacherous, highspeed, accident waiting to happen slide that did this to Emma's head.
The most frightening thing is that this picture was taken an hour and a half after it happened and the goose egg is about a third the size that it was initially. Luckily Allan's brother Shane was close by and took he and Emma to the hospital where she was seen immediately. After the doctor confirmed that there was no fracture or concussion she sent them home with an ice pack and an order to watch her carefully for changes in behavior. Luckily, come morning, the monstrousity on her head was gone and all that was left was a nice purple bruise that she insisted be strategically covered with her hair. We could not have been more grateful to get home the next afternoon without any further incidents.
What made our homecoming even better was that my sneaky, wonderful Mom snuck into our house while we were away and cleaned our house, including shampooing our carpets!!! Given Emma and Walker's reaction, running into the middle of the yard laughing hysterically and screaming "Grandma cleaned our house, Grandma cleaned our house" you would think I was a hoarder or something....
I'm not!!
Thanks again Mom!!
What made our homecoming even better was that my sneaky, wonderful Mom snuck into our house while we were away and cleaned our house, including shampooing our carpets!!! Given Emma and Walker's reaction, running into the middle of the yard laughing hysterically and screaming "Grandma cleaned our house, Grandma cleaned our house" you would think I was a hoarder or something....
I'm not!!
Thanks again Mom!!

No comments:
Post a Comment