| I love his concentration pout |
Emma has been enjoying every second of first grade and it is so exciting to see her come home each day with new words that she can spell and sentences that she can create. Ideally I need to be able to spend 20 minutes a day with her reading, just she and I. Most days we get started and are interrupted by a grumpy baby or a hungry 3 year old. This afternoon I was lamenting to Allan during our lunch time phone call that I can never dedicate the amount of time that I need to to help Emma with her reading. He came home from work with the brilliant idea that I take Emma to get a hot chocolate and read with her. So I took her to Starbucks, ordered her a hot chocolate with whipped cream and caramel, and she read her beginner books to me after which I read Ramona the Brave to her. It was wonderful!! Children are so different when they can have one on one time with their parents. She felt so grown up and special having a little cafe date with me.
Once it cooled down she downed it in about 3 minutes.
Walker fell asleep on the ottoman in the living room the other day and Lillian got some pay back for the countless times she has been awakened by his poking, yelling and screaming.
She kept blowing raspberries on his arm, it was pretty hilarious.
This is Lillian's version of peek-a-boo. Every time we say "where's Lillian?" she immediately covers her ears.
I had a chance to play around with my camera a little bit more today. Bridgett is far more cooperative than any of my other models.
But even she gets tired of all the pictures after a while.
Then the kids decided they needed to play on the bed so I got some cute ones of them.


No comments:
Post a Comment