Thursday, 25 October 2012

Jack O' Lanterns

We are getting ready for Emma's birthday party on Saturday so instead of our traditional Family Home Evening pumpkin carving we did it tonight.  I am the designated gutter and Allan is the carver, mostly because it makes him nervous when I wield large knives and if I carve the pumpkins then he can't pretend to cut off his fingers like he does every year.
 

 
These pictures all came from the first 5 minutes of the "gutting" because after that they got bored and it became my job.
 

 
 
Allan always tries his best to make the kids whatever pumpkin they want.  Emma wanted a pumpkin carving of her face so she drew it for him, Walker had to have a superhero and decided on Spiderman and Lillian got a cute baby face one.  They were very thrilled with the finished product. (Except for Lillian who was CRAZY grumpy and had to go to bed early but I'm sure she will be very excited tomorrow.)
 

 
 
 
 
Then Allan played around with the camera a little bit and got some neat pictures.
 

 

1 comment: