Saturday, 13 April 2013

7 Brides for 7 Brothers

It's no secret that I am a die hard musical fan and my all time favortite, favorite, FAVORITE is "7 Brides for 7 Brothers".  While getting an update on my baby sister's blog the other day the title to her post "Spring, Spring, Spring" reminded me of this song...


I made plans to watch the all time best musical in the world ASAP with the kids.  Allan, much to his disappointment I'm sure, already had plans to see G.I. Joe with my brother and I lost Walker to Spiderman on the iPad within the first 30 minutes but Emma watched it from start to finish and loved every beautiful, whimsical, musical moment.  She danced to each musical number and covered her eyes at each kissing scene and squealed at the end when each brother finds his bride just like I remember doing when we were kids.  Just thinking of how much she loved it has me grinning ear to ear hours later.  In fact everything about the movie will have me singing its songs and dancing around the house for days.  There's just something about a really good musical isn't there?!  Ladies, you know who you are, we definitely need a musical marathon the next time Kelsey is in town.  Just try not to watch this one as soon as you can get your hands on it.  Here's one more scene for your viewing pleasure.
 
 
And just one more because I couldn't help myself!!  This one was one of Emma's favorites.  She just kept asking me through the whole thing who the girls would end up with in the end.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely had this movie in mind when I wrote my last post. I haven't seen it in so long. This post and those clips made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I'm invited to this musical marathon (I have quite a few in my collection!) Seven Brides is one of my favorites too! I'm so happy Emma loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you PLEASE move to Southern Alberta so we can be friends again? I don't know anyone else we knows every word to every song from every musical like I do. Most people look at m like I'm crazy. Also, I went to costco today and ought bushes and flowers for m yard and I don't think I will sleep tonight, I'm so excited to plant them - I totally understand every word you write!

    ReplyDelete