Sunday, 7 July 2013

Grade One Graduate

Emma has finished another year of school and I can't believe that our beautiful girl is going to be in the second grade next year.  She did so well on her report card, receiving all "excellents" and her teacher had some wonderful things to say about her.  At one point she said that Emma "is an inspiration to her classmates" and later wrote "it is so refreshing to see someone so compassionate, gentle, and courteous at this young age".  We are so proud of her and the example that she sets for those around her.  Walker and Lillian have been so thrilled to have her home with them all day and I am loving it too. 
 
She had pictures taken at the beginning of the school year and at the end and while I usually pass on the end of year pictures, this year I couldn't resist.  I was amazed at the change in her over nine short months.  She certainly is not our baby girl anymore and while at times it makes my heart ache, other times I am excited to see what the next stage will bring.  She is such a bright little thing and I can't wait to spend the rest of the summer reading, playing and learning with her.
 
September 2012

June 2013

2 comments:

  1. She is growing up so very fast. Emma is truly a special little girl with a loving and thoughtful spirit. We sure love her and are so proud of her achievements. Reminds me of her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how much she has grown in the last year. What a little lady. We miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete