I decided this Spring that I would try again with a vegetable garden. I've never been all that successful with it. One year I managed to grow potatoes and lettuce and some half grown squash and was a little discouraged so didn't try again for a couple of years. This year, however, I was determined, and my determination is paying off. We already have carrots, beets, squash, lettuce and pumpkins growing in our little vegetable garden. Not to mention our strawberries that are flourishing beautifully. The kids are so anxious every day to run out and see how much their veggies have grown. It's very exciting!!
Carrots
Pumpkin
Lettuce
Beets
Our first yummy strawberry almost ripe enough to eat.
We have had a peony plant in our backyard since before we moved in and this year is the first that it has actually blossomed. It is so gorgeous. The kids were thrilled to help me cut the pretty white blooms off and make a pretty bouquet for our kitchen table.
And just because this blog is about our kidlets and not my flowers, here are some pictures of them too.
Danielle, Emma looks so much like you in that picture! And Lillian looks a little but like me when I smothered sunscreen all over my head.
ReplyDeleteI just love this blog. Brings back so many memories of you and your siblings when you were little.
ReplyDelete