Sunday, 1 March 2015

Exhaustion

Violet has been sick since Wednesday.  The poor little thing has cut two teeth, caught a cold and cough and had a stomach bug all at the same time.  On top of that I got the same stomach bug on Friday and Walker woke up in the middle of that night throwing up.  Tonight I am exhausted.  Not body exhausted but that mind numbing weariness that comes with holding buckets and rocking babies into the early hours of the morning and standing by bed sides and over cribs anxiously awaiting the moment when little eyes close and whimpers settle into quiet and restful sleep.  My neck and shoulders ache from sleeping in rocking chairs and with Violet snuggled close to me in bed and packing her while I cook and clean and tend to the other kids.  But while I'm exhausted it is a good exhaustion,  The kind that comes with being a Mom and spending days and nights with little ones who are the center of everything in my life.  I wouldn't give this kind of exhaustion up for anything in the world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment