Allan has been encouraging me for months to start a blog. Initially I considered it in order to keep family members who are far away updated. As I've thought about it though I think my motivation now is to keep it as a kind of online journal. There are countless times throughout the week that I feel the walls closing in on me as I see my babies grow bigger and more independent and I worry that I will forget how Emma sounds when she says this or how Walker looks when he does that or how it feels to hold Lillian in the early hours of the morning when the house is dark and quiet. I keep a journal and scrapbook for each of the kids but one day those will be theirs and I will have neglected my own record keeping. This will be my way of recording the little things that I don't want to forget, the things that inspire me to try harder, and random tidbits just because I want them on here. I hope those of you who read this enjoy following along with the adventures of our little family.
So with that said, here I go...
Anyone who knows Walker knows that he was not too thrilled with our little July addition. From the day that she was born he wanted nothing to do with her and for the first 6 weeks of her life he wouldn't call her anything but "Mommy Reay" and when asked to put her soother in her mouth would gag like it was the grossest thing he'd ever done. That is why I was so thrilled to see this little scene unfold before me this morning.
I was beginning to worry that I would never see the day that he would want to be so close to her much less play with her!!

You are such a great writer and I'm so glad that you have joined the blogging world.
ReplyDelete