Today was "official" hair day at Emma's school. I was very perplexed as to how I was going to make her hair "official" until she told me I needed to draw a mustache on her face. Of course!! FACIAL hair day. I love that she is still young enough to say words wrong. Naturally Emma couldn't be the only one with a mustache, Walker needed one too. We had to go to the mall and to the grocery store and neither of them cared that they had an eyeliner mustache painted on their face. It makes me sad that one day they will be self conscious about those sorts of things.
I have added a new guilty pleasure to my night time ritual...Pinterest!! It goes very nicely with my homemade mint aero blizzards. So occassionally I will be posting things that I find. Last night I found this...
It makes me so happy to think of the countless hours we spent as kids pretending that the four of us were the boxcar children. Dragging "supplies" out of the cupboards and pantry and imagining new adventures and dangers we had to face. I hope that our kids, even with all the media available to entertain them, will learn and love to use their imaginations the way that we did when we were young.



No comments:
Post a Comment