Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Birthday Boy!!

 
 
 
 
Walker woke up to a heart attack on his door yesterday morning, our usual Birthday tradition.  We can't believe that our sweet baby boy is a big four year old now.  Unfortunately for him Tuesdays are my errand day so we had to spend the majority of his birthday making long shopping trips to Safeway and Costco.  To make up for it I treated him to a nutritional lunch at Costco...a hot dog as big as he is and an ice cream cone that he generously shared with his baby sister.
  
 
He decided it was a fair compromise. 
 
He requested waffles with whipped cream for his birthday dinner and Grandma and Grandpa joined us to celebrate. 
 
 
 
 
 On Sunday we had his big family party complete with a cake that he made all by himself with the help of his big sister.  I have tons of pictures from that fun evening but unfotunately blogger is being outrageously uncooperative and I have no patience left.  Hopefully later this week I'll be able to get the pictures up.
 
Here are the 4 things that I love most about my very own little Power Ranger.
 
1) He is sweet and sensitive.  Even though he can be rough and tumble, in that he is rough and generally has Lillian tumbling all over herself, he is generally gentle and thoughtful and careful with all of us...for the most part.
 
2) He is so imaginative.  I love to watch him play with his toys and costumes, whether with the girls or by himself, and see the different scenarios he comes up with.  My most favorite is when he sits at the table while I make dinner and I can hear his little voice behind me making gun noises and explosion sounds.
 
3)  His cute dimples.  His little smile melts my heart.
 
4)  The way he orders his breakfast at night after I have put him to bed.  Faithfully every night after I've turned the light off and left the room I hear him shout "MOM! Are you going to make me breakfast in the morning?  I want to have ..."  I love how predictable my funny boy is.
 
What a blessing our amazing little boy is.  He makes every day fun and exciting and worth while.
 
And speaking of birthdays.  Happy Birthday to the newest edition to the Shane and Susan Reay crew, Carter Justin!!
It was so fun to meet you today!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment