Yesterday, while searching through my old music to find a song to practise on the piano, or keyboard, I came across some old songs of my sister's that got mixed up with mine. Two of them came from the movie and musical Moulin Rouge, one of my very favorites of the more modern musicals. This morning the first thing I did before I started my long list of chores was dig through my cds to find the soundtracks to all of the musicals that I have. My first love are the old school musicals...Hello Dolly, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Singing in the Rain, but I do love the newer movie versions and broadway plays. Today I listened to Moulin Rouge and Phantom of the Opera. Whenever I have any housework to do I always put music on. I find that the kids are more willing to play independently when there is music playing in the background. My theory is that it helps fuel their imagination, but what do I know. Even better, housework doesn't seem nearly as mundane when I can belt out a ballad with the music blaring. There is nothing that I love more than a love song from a musical. These are the ones that I listened to again and again today.
No comments:
Post a Comment