I have been a horrible blogger over the last month and just like last year my intention was to post all of our Christmas festivities and baking and such but my motivation and energy have not allowed it. My hope is to post the highlights of our holiday but for starters I'll begin with today's excitement, Walker's 5th birthday! Neither Allan or I can believe that he is already five years old and that our boy with the adorable dimples is just months away from kindergarten. He insisted on white bread for toast for breakfast and had a lunch date with his Grandma Larsen this afternoon where he got both a milkshake and a sundae. Then for dinner he asked for waffles with whipped cream and berries (surprise, surprise) and chocolate cake and ice cream for dinner. I won't be hugely surprised if he ends up puking his guts out tonight but when else can you indulge than your birthday.
Opening birthday gifts.
Allan did the birthday shopping this year and got him a Beast Wars Transformer that Walker figured out even when he couldn't and a laser tag game with body targets and everything.
Walker was very excited!!
Especially because it meant Emma would need to play with him.
The most exciting part was that it was glow in the dark laser tag!!
Even Lilly Baby got her hands on a laser gun for about 8 seconds.
Walker explaining to a jealous Lillian that he will buy her baby dolls and princesses for her birthday in July.
Allan had meetings tonight so we just had a little cake and ice cream and let him blow out a candle while the girls and I sang Happy Birthday to him. We'll have the big family celebration on Sunday.
And finally my 5 favorite things about my big 5 year old boy...
1) Those absolutely adorable dimples. His sweet smile melts my heart, even when he's using it to get himself out of trouble.
2) The fact that he is the spitting image of his Dad. I love looking into his face and seeing so much of Allan look back at me.
3) His dance moves and love of music...as long as it's not Michael Buble. He has the best rhythm of any little boy I've ever seen. It started when he was just one and we were watching Oklahoma with my mom and sisters.
4) His prayers. Walker has the sweetest little spirit and his prayers are always so thoughtful and heart felt. I love kneeling by his bed each night and listening to him speak to his Heavenly Father.
5) His tender heart. Without a doubt he is the most sensitive little boy I know. He is always so concerned about everyone around him and is quick to give a kiss or hug and assure them that they are "the best (fill in the blank with mom, dad, sister etc.) he's ever had".
We are so grateful to have the blessing of raising such a good boy and can't wait to see what the next year brings.
Happy Birthday sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment