Tuesday, 8 September 2015

They're Back!

After two months of anticipating and worrying and wondering the kids headed back to school this morning.  They were little balls of excitement and energy as they got dressed and had breakfast and helped me pack their lunches and snacks.  For the first time Allan got to stay home from work for the morning to take them with me.  The kids were so excited to go to the school as a family.  We got to meet their teachers, who are all sweet and amazing, and help them get settled in their new desks with their new classmates.  



All set!

His very own big boy desk!

So pretty and grown up!

Lillian was so excited as we left the school.  She couldn't believe that she was going to get to have Violet and me and the TV and toys all to herself all day.

Walker passed the torch to Lillian this year to make our traditional chocolate chip cookies.  She loved it!  And like her brother her favorite part was eating the cookie dough off of the beater.





She even shared.


It was such a fun afternoon with the little girls but at the same time these days are so long for me.  I feel like I'm holding my breath for hours as I wait to pick the older kids up and hear about their day.  I spend the day silently praying that teachers will be kind and kids will reach out.  And then the moment comes when I see their sweet happy faces and I'm filled with relief that their days went as well as I had hoped.  

And then we get to go home and eat our milk and cookies and talk all about their day.



That's my favorite part!!




No comments:

Post a Comment