Saturday, 21 January 2012

Hello Dolly!!!

On Thursday night we curled up together and watched "Wall-E" with the kids.  It was such a cute movie and despite the fact that there was very little dialogue, it was very entertaining. 

The best part about the movie was that Wall-E, the little robot, loves the movie "Hello Dolly".  As the songs from one of my all time favorite musicals played in the background of that Disney movie I knew that I had to get my hands on a copy of the dvd and watch it immediately!!!  Luckily my mom has all of the musical staples that we were raised on so I was able to acquire a copy very easily.  So tonight the kids sat down and watched it with me, most of it that is.  Walker is more tolerant of "mommy and daddy shows" than Emma is as it means that he gets to cuddle on the couch with Allan or I. 


Emma enjoyed the musical numbers but was impatient for the scene where Barbara Streisand wears this dress...


Unfortunately she had to go to bed before we got to that part of the movie so she will have to wait until tomorrow to see that fabulous sequined dress.  I, however, did not.  After the kids went to bed I finished watching the movie.  What happened to these kinds of movies and this kind of Hollywood woman?  The movies that make you happy hours after you watch them and the women that you don't mind your children looking up to because they are talented and classy.   My mom raised us on movies like this one and "Calamity Jane", "Thoroughly Modern Millie", and "Oklahoma".  It was not uncommon for my sisters and I to break out into one of our favorite musical numbers and sing every last word.  This, if I remember correctly, was one of our favorites.


I LOVE musicals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment