Monday, 16 January 2012

The Playroom

This is going to be a rather boring post but I had to share my excitement over our newly organized, newly cleaned playroom.  After disassembling a spare kitchen table, putting 75% (literally) of the kids' toys in the basement, separating the headless Barbies from the Barbies with heads (sorry mom, I promise we will replenish your Barbie collection when you have another granddaughter), and throwing away approximately 30 pounds of old coloring books and crafts I arrived at this...


You would be really impressed if I had included a before picture but I was too embarrassed by the fact that the room looked like it was right out of an episode of "Hoarders."

It may be silly but just walking into this room makes me so happy, I would even venture to say joyful.  The kids finally have their very own place to play and be loud and make a mess.  They play so well now because they are no longer sitting right on top of each other while they are trying to play.  I still have big plans though, like a cozy little reading corner with a comfy rug and a place where they can hang their books, and a wall where they can display all of their art work.  Now I just have to try and keep it looking like this.

1 comment: