I love Father's Day because it gives me the opportunity to celebrate the two most important men in my life.
My favorite part of the day is when Allan walks in the front door after work. Our house is the loudest that it is all day when the kids hear his keys at the lock and they either rush him at the door or run screaming through the house looking for a place to hide. It doesn't matter how exhausting or frustrating his day has been Allan always matches their enthusiasm and picks them up and swings them into the air or chases them through the house. He makes every effort to spend his, sometimes limited, time with them doing exactly what they want to do. I could not ask for a more devoted and attentive father for my children and there is nothing that brings me greater joy than seeing the relationship that he has with each of the kids.
Because we love him so much we wanted to make sure that he had a good Father's Day. The kids started off with breakfast in bed for their dad that they prepared all by themselves...an apricot jam sandwich, blueberries and water. He thoroughly enjoyed it! Then we gave him his cards, a little questionnaire that I did with the kids.
I found this cute idea on Pinterest and thought it was something the kids would enjoy doing. It's a backrub shirt. I traced it and then the kids colored it. The idea is that Allan puts the shirt on and then the kids can "play" on his back with their cars and at the same time Allan gets a nice back rub, or a backache if Walker is the one "playing".
For dinner I made butter chicken from scratch, a curry dish that Allan loves and then we headed to my parents' place to celebrate with my Dad. My mom made a beautiful scrapbook for him with pictures and something written by each of us. I was so grateful to have the time to reflect on all the ways that my life has been blessed because of the kind of man my father is. I am especially grateful for the father that he has become to my husband and the grandfather that he has become to my children. We are so blessed to have such a great man as a constant fixture in our lives. I could go on and on but instead I will just share what I included in his scrapbook.
I Remember…
We love you Dad!!




No comments:
Post a Comment