Thursday, 28 June 2012

First Day of Freedom

 Today was Emma's first day of summer holidays.  While I have been looking forward to this day for the last several weeks I still found myself feeling heart broken yesterday as I dropped her off at the door to be welcomed by her incredible teacher Mrs. Semeniuk for the last time.  I felt almost as heart sick as I did the day that we dropped her off for her very first full day of kindergarten.  Each of these little milestones just mean that she is getting bigger and more independent and I can't imagine that I will ever get used to that.  Despite yesterday's feelings I woke up this morning filled with relief that we didn't have to be on the afternoon kindergarten schedule.  I was so excited to have a day dictated entirely by what we wanted to do and not by where we had to be.  So, we did a couple of things that we have been putting off because they conflicted with school.

First we made it to the library for storytime.  The cute library assistant with her bright purple pigtails and purple hoodie was so fun to listen to with her funny voices and added commentary.  The kids were completely enchanted and she held their attention with every word she read.


Walker slowly migrated from his chair to Emma's lap, regardless of the fact that he's nearly as big as she is.

Then we made it to the dog park to take Bridgett for a walk before it got too hot.  The dog park is the easiest and fastest way for me to take all four of them for a walk at the same time and it exhausts the kids as well as the dog.





I can't wait to spend every day of the next two months doing exactly this!

No comments:

Post a Comment