Monday, 11 June 2012

June 11, 2004


Allan and I celebrated 8 years of marriage today!  We had a lovely evening together Saturday night at a fancy restaurant while my mom watched our kiddies.  We spent the night reminiscing about our first meeting, first date, first road trip and on and on while we drove in the rain around our favorite areas in the city.  I've made a habit of reading my journal on our anniversary and tonight while I read I found an entry that I wrote as a young 21 year old NEWLY, newlywed. 
          
 "Every time I think I can't love him more he kisses me or says something to me and he changes my mind.  I'm so grateful to be married to a man who treats me the way he does.  He's so handsome, looking at him now he still makes my heart race and I'm sure he'll do it for ETERNITY. (doesn't that sound nice)."

So far so good.  Marriage seems to get better as time goes by.  We have grown and matured together and I am so grateful to have such a good man by my side.  I am such a lucky woman.
                                




No comments:

Post a Comment